Welcome to the monthly /r/Firearms thread about what you are building, buying, or shooting this month.
Use it to discuss or ask any questions you may have.
Looking for deals? /r/GunDeals
New to firearms? Check out this Forgotten Weapons series: How Does It Work? Gun Mechanics Explained Simply.
Looking for a pro-gun organization to support? Check here for a list
Looking for firearms YouTubers or video content? Check out the YouTubers section in our wiki.
News Armed ATF agents wrongfully detain law-abiding US Navy sailor of 20 years, seize $20,000 of firearms and gear he lawfully owned, and harass him, leaving him with crippling anxiety
I just heard about this story and it made my blood boil. I have already donated to this veteran's fundraiser but I also wanted to spread the news to help raise awareness for what the ATF has put this guy through.
- Dude's name is Petty Officer 1st Class Carlo Marcelo
- Marcelo spent 20 years in the US Navy and is now retired
- This occurred when he was still active duty
- Marcelo has no criminal record, he is a completely law-abiding American
- Marcelo wants to buy a buffer tube
- He finds one online and goes to meet up with the seller
- During the transaction, ATF agents armed to the teeth swarm them in what looks like a raid
- ATF agents accuse him of distributing makeshift suppressors and machine guns to the city
- ATF agents steal all the gucci guns (valued at over $20,000) and gear he had in his trunk (presumably for a range trip)
- MARCELO HAD ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK TO SHOW LEGAL OWNERSHIP OF EACH AND EVERY ITEM
- ATF agents would later say he's innocent, but they still take his shit, and leave him with seizure receipts for just the serialized parts (receivers, suppressors, etc.) but not the rest of the gear (optics, parts, etc.)
- Marcelo's sister is later murdered on the other side of the country in an unrelated incident
- Marcelo later speaks with ATF asking for his stuff back for home defense, they refuse to give his stuff back, saying they "know" he has other guns for that
- Marcelo calls again two weeks later, ATF agent says right now he is innocent but threatens to press charges against him if he keeps "blowing up [their] phone"
PLEASE help raise awareness by sharing his story wherever possible and donating to him if you can
Link to Mrgunsngear's video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x65LUeAvt_s
Link to Petty Officer 1st Class Marcelo's fundraiser to help pay legal fees: https://www.givesendgo.com/carlomarcelo?sharemsg=display
Advocacy Anti gun crowd; What would you do if you got attacked by a dog? 145lbs pitbull vs your child? Take responsibility for your own safety. 911 is reactive, and wont stop be there for you in the first seconds of an emergency situation
Found this bullet of my grandpas, was wondering what it is and if it's live. Couldn't find it online..
Question Hoping someone here can help me figure out what I’ve got, first of all it’s a mag fed 22lr but it appears to be a m14, there are no markings other then the ones pictured any help on what this may be would be appreciated, maybe a military training rifle?
Question My brother bought this pistol for $350 dollars. Besides the dirty bird marking any tips would be appreciated
I've been carrying the xds since ~'15. Have had my eye on the Hellcat since release; I went for a sold- out deal, but came out with this for $470.
My Gats Unknown 12 gauge. Old school custom coach. This is what I think of when I picture a old-timey coach gun: Exposed hammers, laminated steel barrels, and tons of character. Runs great...hand-shaped a butt plate from ebony with a tasty blonde streak, and hand-shaped dew drop bead. By W Kelley Lucas
This is a 7.62x51 kit. Too many components to list. Guns in image: IWI Masada 9mm and IWI Tavor 7. Interchangeable with my 6.5 cm rifle and eventually completed 8.6 blk upper. (same magazines).